How to transfer from BART to Muni
- BART trains are identified by where they end.
Get on a BART headed towards one of the following places:
- Pittsburg/Bay Point
- Get off at the Powell Street Station
- Take the elevator up 2 floors, as if you are going to exit the station.
Take MUNI Transfer Ticket from Muni Transfer Machine
- Make sure you have $1.25 in coins.
If you don't have coins, go to a BART ticket booth, and use the button in the lower right hand corner to change a $1 bill into quarters.
- Walk to a MUNI booth that is staffed by a human.
- Walk through the turnstyle next to the booth.
- Hand the ticket you received from the Muni Transfer Machine to the human in the booth.
- Put $1.25 in coins into the slot in the turnstyle.
- Take the ticket that comes out of the turnstyle. KEEP THIS TICKET OR YOU MAY BE FINED.
Walk down 1 floor to the Muni platform.
Trains are designated by a letter (J,K,L,M,N,T) and a direction ("Inbound" or "Outbound")
- Get on your train when it arrives!